- What is Metformin? Metformin Ingredients
- How to buy Metformin 500mg tablets online? Cheap Metformin Price
- Metformin Price
- Can Metformin cause constipation? Metformin and diarrhea
- Allergic reaction to Metformin. Metformin side effects
- Glucophage vs Metformin: comparison. Another name for Metformin
- Januvia vs Metformin. Metformin alternatives
- Metformin and Ovulation. Metformin for Fertility during PCOS
What is Metformin? Metformin Ingredients
Besides the main active ingredient, the pill contains:
- Crospovidone and povidone K90 is a non-active ingredient which improves the absorption of the active ingredients in the intestine.
- Calcium/magnesia stearate is a lubricant which improves the conductivity of the pill in the intestine, reduces the cuts and affections of the pills, keeps the required amount of the active ingredient.
- Talc has the same properties as stearate.
None auxiliary ingredient does not influence on the therapeutic properties of Metformin, however, if a patient has intolerance of one of the ingredients, he/she may have an allergic reaction. Therefore, it is important to know the content before taking the pill.
How to Buy Metformin 500mg Tablets Online? Cheap Metformin Price
How to get metformin? To buy Metformin 500 mg online, 15 minutes are needed. To place an order correctly, use the customer support. You will be provided a personal help from the representatives of the pharmacy who will tell you how to avoid mistakes during the order.
You will be provided a detailed information about a cost of Metformin, conditions of the delivery, and possible payment methods.
To buy Metformin 500 mg tablets online, it is necessary to fill out a standard blank and indicate your contacts. Your package will be sent to the indicated address within 24 hours after the placing the order. The package will be delivered by a method you have chosen.
Below we will present to your attention the prices of the drug Metformin. This is one of the cheapest prices on the pharmaceutical market.
Metformin 500 mg tablet:
90 pills - $33.39 ($0.28 per pill);
180 pills - $55.65;
360 pills - $100.17.
Can Metformin Cause Constipation? Metformin and Diarrhea
Metformin is often associated with the gastro-intestinal side effects than most other antidiabetic drugs. Patients may have such symptoms as intestinal colic, poor appetite, and flatulency at the beginning of the treatment.
However, the reaction of the intestine is individual, and one patient may have diarrhea, and others – constipation.
Metformin can cause a constipation which lasts for several days. However, during the use of the low doses, this symptom is temporal and is not regular. Constipations often appear because patients do not change diet and consume a lot of carbohydrates.
In case of the constipation, during the use of Metformin, it is recommended to increase a consumption of fibers, and all fast carbs should be replaced by slow ones. There are cases when patients have diarrhea for a couple of days after the constipation. These symptoms pass in 1-2 months, and the gastro-intestinal tract regulates its work.
Allergic Reaction to Metformin. Metformin Side Effects
An allergic reaction to Metformin is diagnosed seldom but these cases happen. It happens due to two reasons:
- Individual intolerance of Metformin;
- Intolerance of one of the auxiliary ingredients.
The general symptoms of the allergic reaction to Metformin are skin rash, itching, redness of the skin. The allergy is characterized by a light course, but if the medication is not replaces, the body intoxication will grow, and it may cause urticarial and other severe allergic reaction.
- Patients are prescribed another hypoglycemic product which contains another active ingredient during the intolerance of Metformin. The allergy is often regular and does not pass in years.
- In case of the intolerance of the auxiliary ingredients in the pill or its coat, it is necessary to find out what ingredient causes an allergic reaction and find the pills of Metformin that do not contain it.
There are many manufacturers of Metformin that use various auxiliary ingredients in the pills, and they may vary. Therefore, it is not difficult to find the pills without an ingredient that causes an allergy.
Glucophage vs Metformin: Comparison. Another Name for Metformin
Metformin is the name of the active ingredient which is taken to reduce the sugar level during diabetes mellitus type 2. This medication is supplied to the market under various trade names, one of which is Glucophage.
Glucophage is a brand name of Metformin, a manufacturer of which is a pharmaceutical company Merck. However, many pharmaceutical companies from Europe and Asia use Metformin to create Generics.
Glucophage and Generic Metformin have the identical mechanism of the action because they contain the same amount of the active ingredient.
However, there are differences between Glucophage and Generics Metformin:
- First, the appearance of the pills. They may have various shape, color, and engraving. But they will contain the original formula of Metformin.
- Secondly, auxiliary non-active components. Yes, many doctors prefer using Metformin because it may have such non-active ingredients that improve the absorption of the active ingredients in the intestine and their bioavailability.
- Thirdly, a cost. Merck Company invests million dollars into the marketing of the brand name Glucophage and covers its expenses by means of a high cost of the pills. Generic Metformin may cost by 3-4 times lower only because it is most popular ingredient for the treatment of diabetes mellitus, and it does not need the advertisement. The absence of the expenses in the manufacturers of Metformin on the marketing allows reducing the cost of the pills.
It is weird but there are cases when patients state that they have not got any side effects during the use of Metformin, but when they take Glucophage, the side effects have appeared. There are other cases. It happens because the pills from every manufacturer has various auxiliary non-active ingredients that influence on the tolerance of the pills.
Taking Metformin produced by another manufacturer, it is possible to get rid of the side effects and increase the efficiency of the treatment of diabetes mellitus type 2. These cases are often in the medical practice, and therefore the original expensive drug is not always better than the cheap analogue.
Januvia vs Metformin. Metformin Alternatives
One of the main competitors of Metformin on the market of the hypoglycemic products is Januvia. It is a medication of the new generation, differs from Metformin by the content and a mechanism of the pharmacological action.
Januvia selectively blocks Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4), so that a concentration of two hormones from the incretins group is increased: pancreatic duct, and gastric inhibitory peptide. These hormones are responsible for the synthesis of insulin as a reaction to the glucose in the blood.
This way, Januvia favors a fast response of the pancreatic gland during the high level of glucose in the blood, and the insulin synthesis is increased. Taking one therapeutic dose of Januvia acts within 24 hours, and it leads to the increase of the plasma concentration of insulin.
But Januvia does not influence on the insulin-resistance, and it is proved that the efficiency of this drug is reduced during the intense resistance of the tissues to insulin.
Metformin has another mechanism of the action and does not increase the insulin synthesis. But it is more effective because it inhibits the resistance to insulin and favors a further reduction of the glucose level in the blood.
It is pointless to compare Januvia vs Metformin because these medications should be taken during various types of diabetes.
- If there is enough insulin but it is not able to feed the cells of the glucose, it is effectively to take Metformin.
- If a production of insulin is not enough, and a sensitivity of the cells to it is normal, it is effectively to take Januvia.
Januvia may become an alternative to the injectable insulin which is used during the deficit of insulin but it cannot be an alternative to Metformin.
The clinical studies show that a combination of Januvia and Metformin during the 3-4 degree of diabetes mellitus helps to achieve the maximal and fast effect during the low number of the side effects. A risk of the hypoglycemia is lower during such combination of the medication than during the use of Metformin and insulin injections.
Metformin and Ovulation. Metformin for Fertility During PCOS
There are clinically proved facts confirming that Metformin is able to restore ovulation during the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). In case of this syndrome, a resistance to insulin and the disorders in the pancreatic gland often appear. A lot of tissues in the body produce a resistance to insulin, whilst the tissues of ovaries keep the sensitivity of the tissues. The excessive amount of insulin during the polycystic ovarian syndrome leads to the disorder of the hormone production and an ovulation disorder.
Metformin is one of the most effective drugs to influence on the ovulation in women with the polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos). It acts on a cause of the disease restoring the sensitivity of the tissues to insulin. The work of the ovaries and ovulation are restored during the normal level of insulin.
Many scientists differ in opinion but the practical studies and reviews of women tell that Metformin really helps to restore ovulation. But the medication works only if the ovulation is affected because of the ovaries dysfunction, due to the insulin-resistance.
The most effective results are achieved during the simultaneous use of Metformin and Clomiphene. In this case, Metformin acts on a cause of the pathology, and Clomiphene provides a stimulating action in order to relieve the recovery of the ovary functions.